Friday, July 6, 2018

Oklahoma - Highway 66 - Oklahoma County Auto and Mini Museum

Saturday, 30 June 2018

Our GPS couldn't read the address to the Oklahoma Country Auto and Mini Museum.   I had printed out the direction on google map and we drove past it.   It was only about 2 miles from the Old Round Barn, but we drove twice the distance.  On turning back, we came across an old ruined Route 66 gas station, that I learnt later as the Conoco station.


We met the owner, Mr. John Hargrove, of the Oklahoma County Auto and Mini Museum.  He was a very nice and friendly man.  I was impressed by his creativity and display of the vintage collections, related to Route 66, both inside and outside his visitors' building.   I enjoyed the collections.    He is not charging any fees for visiting and I wonder how he would be able to maintain the place and the collections.   I forgot to ask him when he started his museum.  Thank you, Mr. Hargrove for sharing with us your collections.











No comments: